Today Mr.Paterson explained to us about the essay we would be writing for this semester. I was surprised to hear that we would be writing a 6 paragraph essay. The majority of the essay would be about how we felt and which reading style we prefer. I realized that my blogs are going to help me remember how I felt last semester, reading academically. Last semester I wrote a few blogs explaining the book “five feet apart”. However, I suddenly stopped writing them and wrote about the websites I used, to write my essay. Luckily, this semester I included all my honest opinions towards the book “paper towns” in my blogs.
(google doc)
2 pages
reflection on the two different types of reading
last semester formal, looking for reasons for different things why they wrote things in different ways
no research and just reflecting
first, give info on what I did (last time learned about real literature)
no thesis
first paragraph - what you did last semester (academic reading)
paragraph 2 - what you think about it ( enjoyed it or not)
paragraph 3 - what u did this semester (purely for fun) (what book I chose why etc)
paragraph 4 - reactions and reflections (what did I enjoy what I learned)
conclusion- 1.summary (key point from both reading styles)
2. conclusion( which one was better what did I think)
6 paragraphs
each paragraph includes a topic sentence three areas of support
no references
could give the details of both books at the end but not that important
Comments
Post a Comment