An article written by Takashi Saito was introduced today by Mr.Paterson; he is a professor at Meiji University. The article was about the importance of continuously using paper textbooks instead of digital ones. However, his claims and reasons were way too weak and clearly made no sense. My opinion on using paper textbooks was the complete opposite. I am currently using the iPhone books app to digitally read the book I chose for the winter homework. Although reading it from devices makes it less enjoyable, I can read the novel anywhere and anytime. I know that I wouldn't be bringing my book to school every day, so I would rather have it on my phone. Same with textbooks. There are countless benefits to using digital textbooks. They are environmentally friendly, cost-effective, lighter than textbooks, etc.
I had heard of audible from numerous influencers introducing it and everyone was raving about the new popular way of reading, including my friends and family. I have never used audible, but I would still be willing to try it out. Mr.Paterson mentioned that using audible didn't suit him because one person narrates all the talking parts, but this made me realize that I don't change the voices of characters when reading their speeches. Trying to concentrate while listening to someone read, could be a harder task for me to do!
Comments
Post a Comment