This semester we had a lot of things to improve since we were not able to do our best on our first and second presentations. On my very first presentation, I remember having no idea what kind of presentations grab the audience's attention, and what the do’s and donts were. We spent the first semester researching about the problems in our school that is causing our quality of education to get lower. I didn't realize how finding problems could be difficult since I thought it would be one of the easiest processes. however, we had to see the school campus from different perspectives in order to find the problems that we usually don't have to deal with. Our first presentation was terrible due to the lack of preparation. Mr.Paterson told me that I had to improve on making eye contact instead of facing the screen. Also, I realized after watching the video that I tend to say "um" and "like" too often.
In the second semester, we worked on writing our brochures and worked on our website. Since we had a lot of works that we had to do on our own, for example writing our own section for the five-paragraph essay, more teamwork was needed during the process. We started off our five-paragraph essay by writing our introduction as a team. The most difficult part was to think about the thesis statement because that is one of the most significant parts of the essay. This taught me a lesson that by having the main point with support ideas and a claim allows the topic to be more substantial. The brochure was where we pasted our final writings and had our ideas and suggestions exhibited clearly.
Our second presentation was supposed to be much better since we had all our advice and new techniques that we learned over the semester, however the little changes we added to our presentation lead to a more substandard presentation. I personally think that we weren't able to practice through the whole presentation enough in order to say our preparation was perfect.
The last semester, we worked the hardest to succeed in our last presentation. We understood all the improvements we needed and simply reduced our weak points. We worked on our individual five-paragraph essay, in which my writing skills were evaluated. I noticed that I needed improvements in my usage of vocabulary and boost my ATL score. Keeping in mind what I had to improve, I was conscious when writing my final essay. Unfortunately, we were not able to present this semester, so we could not see how much we changed from our first presentation.
In the second semester, we worked on writing our brochures and worked on our website. Since we had a lot of works that we had to do on our own, for example writing our own section for the five-paragraph essay, more teamwork was needed during the process. We started off our five-paragraph essay by writing our introduction as a team. The most difficult part was to think about the thesis statement because that is one of the most significant parts of the essay. This taught me a lesson that by having the main point with support ideas and a claim allows the topic to be more substantial. The brochure was where we pasted our final writings and had our ideas and suggestions exhibited clearly.
Our second presentation was supposed to be much better since we had all our advice and new techniques that we learned over the semester, however the little changes we added to our presentation lead to a more substandard presentation. I personally think that we weren't able to practice through the whole presentation enough in order to say our preparation was perfect.
The last semester, we worked the hardest to succeed in our last presentation. We understood all the improvements we needed and simply reduced our weak points. We worked on our individual five-paragraph essay, in which my writing skills were evaluated. I noticed that I needed improvements in my usage of vocabulary and boost my ATL score. Keeping in mind what I had to improve, I was conscious when writing my final essay. Unfortunately, we were not able to present this semester, so we could not see how much we changed from our first presentation.
Comments
Post a Comment